Auction Begins Friday, December 1st at 8am! Happy Bidding!
Thank you everyone who makes Shop with a Cop such a great success! This would not be possible without all of your generous donations and bids! Every year we make changes so that the auction runs more smoothly. Here are a few things to remember when participating in the auction:
- You may get your bidder number before the auction begins. If you know you’ll be bidding, call the station at 574-936-4096 to get your bidder number as soon as possible.
- If possible, when calling in your bid, it makes it much easier for those answering the phones when you give them the item number that you would like to bid on.
- Keep in mind that if you’re listening via the internet, there is around a 20-30 second delay between what’s happening and what you’re hearing. This means that if you’re waiting until the very end, the auction may have already closed. To avoid missing out, bid early and bid high.
- Phone operators can not tell you if you’re the high bidder at the time, or if you’ve won the auction. There are several phones being answered at the same time and someone else may be bidding on the same item, on another phone. Again, to avoid missing out, bid to win. Winners will be notified shortly after each auction block ends.
- Once the auction begins, the station doors will be locked. Bids will only be taken over the phone. Cash, check, and debit/credit cards will be accepted.